Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Making "gingerbread" memories






Growing up, while living in Arlington, TX I remember one of my friend's bringing me a homemade Gingerbread house at Christmas! It was the prettiest I have ever seen, even to this day. In fact, I thought it was so nice that I never ate it. I had it in my room until the candy started falling off (MANY months later) and my parents made me throw it away. I have always wanted to make one with my kids, and never have. I actually bought one a few years ago and we never did get around to it. Well, I guess it has been staying on my mind, so I was bound & determined to make one with the kids during the Christmas break. So, on Sunday we were fixing to have family time and Kelsey thought it would be a good time to do it. We really had alot of fun making it, the gingerbread men that came with it and making the memories, that we decided to do this every year from now on! In the one picture of the gingerbread men it is Heath's, mine, Hayden's and Kelsey's from left to right that we made and Kelsey made Andrew one so we would have the "whole" family! Too make it fair, Hayden had his own side of the house, Kelsey had her's and I had the back and it was team effort for the front. In one of the pictures you see the kids eating it the next morning.........ohhhh well, even thou it did not last long, hopefully the memories will! :) (Oh...by the way, I bought it after Christmas at Sam's for 1/2 off!!!)

No comments: